Accessibility Consulting Services and Specialized Assessments include:
- Complex functional ADL & environmental assessments
- On-site and remote consultations
- Fair Housing, ADA & 504 compliance for employment and architectural accessibility and transition planning
- Job, school, public accommodation, and home safety assessments
- Injury prevention training for caregivers and professionals
- Environmental design and architectural plan review & consultation
- Case management and specialized product research
- Expert witness testimony and services
- Sensory smart environments for people with autism, sensory processing disorders, and cognitive impairments
- Remote Consultations
A variety of methods are available for consultation services when an office visit is not feasible or cost effective. Telephone, fax, video, teleconferencing, and email consultations are all available.
Video review of the site and/or person functioning in the environment can be used in some cases to target environmental barriers and formulate solutions, recommended adjunct services, and product recommendations. This can be utilized by discharge planners in rehabilitation centers to initiate the process prior to discharge to the community, and by other professionals to provide guidance for implementation of the compliance process. Team meetings can be facilitated during the assessment and implementation phases using the above methods of communication.