AOTSS staff provides workstation, environmental, ergonomic, accessibility, and ADA/504 assessments which target specific problems impacting legslative compliance, safety, working productivity and wellness. Our team of designers, builders and medical professionals target specific problems and barriers, and formulate cost-effective solutions (renovation, new construction, specialized products, and installation with coordinated implementation).
AOTSS provides environmental and functional assessments and assistive technology recommendations. This is accomplished using a problem solving approach, combined with specific recommendations, for eliminating barriers and unsafe conditions. These solutions are useful for consumers, medical, building construction, and design professionals to create accessible programs, services, and environments. Crucial information is provided to insure that issues impacting function and safety are supported with practical planning and implementation, relevant resources and technical assistance information, and solutions geared towards specific needs and situations.
Facility Assessments include:
- An onsite visit of the home or facility with the consumer and/or professionals involved in the process – This may include the caregivers, interior designer, architect, building contractor, social worker, nurse case manager, adaptive equipment supplier, etc.
- Review of architectural plans – Recommendations are made to eliminate unnecessary barriers and promote independence, safety and comfort
- A comprehensive written report targeting specific problems by areas of the environment, with solutions and options provided to meet the financial, aesthetic and functional needs of the client or funding agency
Facility Assessment Reports include:
- Executive Summary of existing conditions, potential accessibility enhancement actions, and the application of the ADA, or other appropriate guidelines, to the facility type
- Detailed Survey Report with descriptions of existing conditions, categorizations, prioritizations, cost estimates of potential accessibility enhancement actions, photographs, accessibility product information, and selected portions of applicable accessibility standards
- Extensive technical assistance information for professional support, funding, referrals for services needed, community based services, advocacy, and health and wellness
- Ongoing access to AOTSS Accessibility Consultants Network (ACN) of professionals and consumers via the classroom website called Home Modifications, Safety and Accessibility Consultation. Here each participant can share information, problem solve a specific solution, and participate in chatroom lectures with national experts.