Any brain trauma is a serious matter, and too many who’ve experienced trauma may be misdiagnosed with emotional or cognitive problems when they may actually be experiencing residual symptoms of their untreated brain injury. If you are suffering from the effects of a brain injury, there is hope for you, and we want to help.
When a brain injury goes undetected, what can happen?
- After your first traumatic brain injury (TBI), the risk of a second injury is three times higher. After a second TBI, your risk of injury is a whopping eight times greater. Some of our clients have suffered multiple brain injuries over decades and were never told of the issues.
- Your symptoms may not improve until treatment occurs, and can affect a person for a lifetime. This means that you could experience weeks, months or years of headaches, dizziness, memory problems, impulsivity, ADD/HD, fatigue, sensitivity to light, visual distortions, and clumsiness without relief.
- The individual can experience a broad range of relationship and professional consequences, including the collapse of family and social relationships, employment problems, career failure and difficulty in school.
What are some of the most common misdiagnosed or undiagnosed symptoms of a brain injury?
What can happen once a brain injury is properly diagnosed?
Even after years of failure and misdiagnosis, the proper diagnosis and treatment of specific symptoms can lead to tremendous healing and immediate improvement in function.
At Abilities OT & Irlen Diagnostic Center, we have worked with thousands of people suffering from untreated brain injuries and helped them to regain their lives and recover with immediate, long term improvement and benefits. After years of migraines, anxieties and learning challenges, targeted interventions can be remedied without the need for addictive drugs and expensive, extensive treatments.
Since 1980, Irlen International has provided Irlen Spectral Filters to individuals who experience chronic headaches and migraines as a result of head trauma or concussion. Many of these patients experienced symptoms that were considered medically resistant to treatment, which means that other therapies like chiropractic, physical therapy, massage, acupuncture, vision therapy, OT, yoga, exercise, Botox, prescription and over the counter medications, meditation and even hyperbaric treatments provided only short term or intermittent help them. In a study completed in 2014 on the efficacy of Irlen Spectral Filters in these populations including veteran military populations:
- There was nearly a 100% reduction in migraines and headaches
- Patients experienced a 98% reduction in light sensitivity
- 80% of patients could reduce their migraine medication use, and 99% could reduce their over the counter medication use
- Patients experienced an 88-95% reduction in physical symptoms like dizziness, nausea and eye strain and physical difficulties like balance, depth perception and general perception
- Many returned to school and work after years of disability.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our accessibility consultations and injury prevention services, call us today at (410) 358-7269.To get started at home, complete a pre-assessment for Sensory Processing Disorder, schedule a free phone consultation, and learn more about the Irlen screening process, Irlen diagnostic testing, Irlen re-tint testing, and who we help.